#GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Celebrated on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving (in the U.S.) and the widely recognized shopping events Black Friday and Cyber Monday, #GivingTuesday kicks off the charitable season, when many focus on their holiday and end-of-year giving.
This year, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will match up to $50,000 raised for any eligible nonprofit after 7 AM on Tuesday, November 28 until their max match funds (of $2 million are met) given via Facebook. In order to maximize this match, we need as many people as possible to host their own fundraiser on Facebook.
Here is how you can help:
- Use these simple instructions to create your own Facebook Fundraiser for a nonprofit. Type in Prism Education Center when you select your nonprofit.
- Ensure your post encourages people to give through Facebook (all fees will be waived on Giving Tuesday--and the match is only good until the national cap is met.
- Giving must occur through Facebook between 7 AM and when the match commitment is met or the end of the day--whichever occurs first. So please be sure your family and friends donate as early as possible on the 28th.
- Only $1,000 per/fundraiser will be matched, but the processing fee for donations will be waived through midnight on the 28th
- Because only $1,000/person will be matched, it would be better to have multiple smaller fundraisers instead of one large one. Therefore, please don't simply share someone else's fundraiser, create your own and make it go live a 7 AM CST or 8 AM EST on Tuesday, November 28.
Thank you all for helping Prism kick-off our annual Month of Giving.