Prism Education Center is now recruiting interns for the Spring 2017 semester serving in either its preschool, elementary, and high school programs. Successful interns will be considered for full-time teaching positions that are available in the 2017-18 school year. The positive environment of Prism Education Center exists solely as a result of the attitude, position of service, and commitment to excellence displayed by the leadership, faculty, and staff, of Prism Education Center. The culture of Prism Education Center is a major component of the success of Prism’s programs and is highly protected to ensure continuance of the values and culture highly esteemed by the organization and its program recipients. Lead Teachers must embody the same commitment to uphold this culture.
In order to help prepare individuals to fulfill these expectations, Prism has created a hands-on training program required for all new teachers. Prism will welcome a new cohort of part-time or full-time interns in January 2017. Interns will work primarily with students in 4th-8th grade.
Timeline for Internship Selection:
- Applications due by December 10, 2016
- Interviews will be conducted December 1-14, 2016
- Final selection and notification of Spring Interns occurs by December 15, 2016
- Mandatory Training occurs December 22, 2016 and January 3, 2017
- Internships begin January 4, 2017
- Internships ends May 22, 2017
Eligibility requirements for Paid Internship
- Applicants must be classified as college senior or have already graduated
- Applicants must possess an interest in teaching
- Applicants must be available 2-5 afternoons per week between 1-3 PM for training or service
- Applicants must be willing and available to participate in weekly training and mentorship events
- Applicants must be willing to serve the entire semester
- Applicants from all academic majors are encouraged to apply
Benefits of Internship
Benefits vary based on the commitment level applicants assume. Part-time and full-time internships are available.
Monthly stipends range from $400/mo-$1,500/mo.
To apply: Complete this application.
For more information:
Call: (479) 249-6113